Employers and New Employers
- Information for employers
Employers and trustees have statutory duties to provide certain information to the Pensions Regulator about their pension scheme.
These details include registration of the scheme, submission of a scheme return, reporting breaches of the law and reporting notifiable events.
The latest copy of the breaches log for Warwickshire Pension Fund is available to view here.
Government Consultation - restricting exit payments in the public sector
PLEASE NOTE: The following applies to employers and employees of councils (County, District/Borough or Parish/Town) Police, Fire and academies only.
The government first announced plans to cap exit payments in the public sector in 2015. On 10 April 2019 HM Treasury launched a consultation on draft regulations, guidance and Directions to implement the cap.
LGPS Cost Cap Mechanism and Employee Contribution rates
Local Government Pension Scheme Advisory Board
The Public Service Pension Schemes (PCPS) have recently been reviewed by HM Treasury as part of a four yearly valuation cycle. The valuation reviews the cost of the schemes and whether there should be an adjustment to the level of benefits available to members and / or the contributions due from members. A full copy of the document is available to view here
UPDATE: LGPS have updated their Automatic Enrolment guide which is now available to download Automatic Enrolment update – June 17 (DOC, 6.08 MB)
For reference, Eversheds have produced a guide to automatic enrolment for organisations which outlines how automatic enrolment will operate in the context of the LGPS. Complying With The New Employer Duties (ppt, 2.3 Kb)
Pension Scheme information required by Automatic Enrolment Regulations
Under Automatic Enrolment information requirements, employers are required to keep a record of the pension scheme that is being used to automatically enrol its employees. Please find below certificate given for the purposes of certifying that a defined benefit and/or hybrid scheme satisfies the test scheme standard. Auto enrolment certificate and Contracting Out Certificate.
LGPS website - employer and scheme manager information (i.e. administering authority)
The website holds consultation information, timeline regulations for the new scheme (once laid), access to statutory and GAD guidance for the new scheme (once published), various LGPS 2014 guides and publications as well as links to other related legislation. Information will be added to the site as and when it becomes available.
This ‘50/50’ scheme will enable members to pay half their normal rate of contribution and in return build up half pension during that period. They will still retain the full value of other benefits such as the death in service lump sum. For more information about the scheme, please click here 50 Option Poster 50 Option Poster (PDF, 16.16 MB). If members wish to join the ’50/50 scheme’ please click here. to download a copy of the form 50-50 Section Election Form (DOCX, 105.25 KB).
Contribution Bandings for Employees
Please click here for contribution bandings for employees
Please find attached a draft service statement guide to the arrangements for administering the LGPS between Warwickshire County Council Pension Fund and the Employer. Working Together
- Employer Training
Warwickshire Pension Fund are happy to help our employers to ensure our administration requirements are met. We run an annual employers event at the end of the year but have also offered half day training sessions on topics such as how to complete a notice of termination form.
Warwickshire Pension Fund Employer Training
It may also be possible to arrange a site visit from a member of our staff. If you feel you would benefit from this either to help the members of your staff who send information to us or to speak to your employees about their pensions then please email Dawn Clutton - firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this.
Employer Event 2018
Our most recent employers event was held at Stoneleigh NAEC on 29th November. Copies of the delegate handbook and presentations are available to view below
If you have any feedback or suggestions on how we can improve the training we offer to you please let us know at email@example.com
Presentations from the most recent AGM which took please on 22nd November at Stoneleigh NAEC can be found below.
External Employer Training
Employer Training which maybe of interest to Employers, will be provided here.
- Employer guides, forms and newsletters
Warwickshire Pension Fund
Warwickshire LGPS Employers Newsletter - Spring 2018
Back issues of the “Employers Newsletter” is available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Summary of Draft Regulations by Hymans Robertson
Hymans Draft LGPS Regulation 2013
Guides for LGPS employers
Ready Reckoner (Specific for Warwickshire Pension Fund)
- Working Together - draft service statement guide between employers and the administering authority.
All the latest LGPS regulations and guidance.
Forms for LGPS employers
Employers to complete
- New Entrant form 17 (DOCX, 50.5 KB)
- Notice of Termination Example (DOC, 86 KB)
- Notice Of Termination Form Guidance Notes
- Notice of Termination form (DOCX, 68.9 KB)
- Notification Of Changes (DOCX, 59.28 KB)
- Estimate request from Employer
- Opt out form to be completed by Employer (DOCX, 51.6 KB)
- Annual Return Template 2018/2019
- Annual Return Letter 2018/2019
- Annual Return Guide Notes for Employers 2018/2019
Ill Health Medical Certificates
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Current 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended After 31 March 2014 (DOCX, 52.73 KB)
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Current 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended Before 1 April 2014 (DOCX, 53.93 KB)
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended After 31 March 2011 (DOCX, 49.41 KB)
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended After 31 March 2014 (DOCX, 53.19 KB)
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended Before 1 April 2011 (DOCX, 50.08 KB)
- 3rd Tier IH Retirement Review Cert For A Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner Where Employment Ended Before 1 April 2014 (DOCX, 53.55 KB)
- Medical Certificate For A Current Employee Or Councillor (DOCX, 57.16 KB)
- Medical Certificate For A Deferred Councillor Member (DOCX, 52.99 KB)
- Medical Cert For Deferred Beneficiary Ceased Mship As Employee Or Councillor On Or After 1 April 1998 And Before 1 April 2009 (DOCX, 52.9 KB)
- Medical Cert For Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee On Or After 1 April 1998 And Before 1 April 2008 (DOCX, 53.14 KB)
- Medical Cert For Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee On Or After 1 April 2008 And Before 1 April 2014 (DOCX, 54.72 KB)
- Medical Cert For Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee On Or After 1 April 2014 (DOCX, 52.06 KB)
- Medical Cert For Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee Or Councillor On Or After 1 April 2009 (DOCX, 56.02 KB)
- Medical Certificate For A Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee Before 1 April 1991 (DOCX, 56.75 KB)
- Medical Certificate For A Deferred Beneficiary Who Ceased Membership As An Employee Before 1 April 1998 (DOCX, 57.18 KB)
- Prospective Employers
If you are considering seeking admission to the Warwickshire Pension Fund in order to offer the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as their occupational pension scheme to their employees, please read the information in the following employer packs.
For all enquiries, please contact Dawn Clutton - email@example.com