Employers and New Employers
- Information for employers
Employers and trustees have statutory duties to provide certain information to the Pensions Regulator about their pension scheme.
These details include registration of the scheme, submission of a scheme return, reporting breaches of the law and reporting notifiable events.
The latest copy of the breaches log for Warwickshire Pension Fund is available to view here.
Government Consultation - restricting exit payments in the public sector
PLEASE NOTE: The following applies to employers and employees of councils (County, District/Borough or Parish/Town) Police, Fire and academies only.
The government first announced plans to cap exit payments in the public sector in 2015. On 10 April 2019 HM Treasury launched a consultation on draft regulations, guidance and Directions to implement the cap.
LGPS Cost Cap Mechanism and Employee Contribution rates
Local Government Pension Scheme Advisory Board
The Public Service Pension Schemes (PCPS) have recently been reviewed by HM Treasury as part of a four yearly valuation cycle. The valuation reviews the cost of the schemes and whether there should be an adjustment to the level of benefits available to members and / or the contributions due from members. A full copy of the document is available to view here
UPDATE: LGPS have updated their Automatic Enrolment guide which is now available to download Automatic Enrolment update – June 17 (DOC, 6.08 MB)
For reference, Eversheds have produced a guide to automatic enrolment for organisations which outlines how automatic enrolment will operate in the context of the LGPS. Complying With The New Employer Duties (ppt, 2.3 Kb)
Pension Scheme information required by Automatic Enrolment Regulations
Under Automatic Enrolment information requirements, employers are required to keep a record of the pension scheme that is being used to automatically enrol its employees. Please find below certificate given for the purposes of certifying that a defined benefit and/or hybrid scheme satisfies the test scheme standard. Auto enrolment certificate and Contracting Out Certificate.
LGPS website - employer and scheme manager information (i.e. administering authority)
The website holds consultation information, timeline regulations for the new scheme (once laid), access to statutory and GAD guidance for the new scheme (once published), various LGPS 2014 guides and publications as well as links to other related legislation. Information will be added to the site as and when it becomes available.
This ‘50/50’ scheme will enable members to pay half their normal rate of contribution and in return build up half pension during that period. They will still retain the full value of other benefits such as the death in service lump sum. For more information about the scheme, please click here 50 Option Poster 50 Option Poster (PDF, 16.16 MB). If members wish to join the ’50/50 scheme’ please click here. to download a copy of the form 50-50 Section Election Form (DOCX, 105.25 KB).
Contribution Bandings for Employees
Please click here for contribution bandings for employees
Please find attached a draft service statement guide to the arrangements for administering the LGPS between Warwickshire County Council Pension Fund and the Employer. Working Together
- Employer Training
Warwickshire Pension Fund are happy to help our employers to ensure our administration requirements are met. We run an annual employers event at the end of the year but have also offered half day training sessions on topics such as how to complete a notice of termination form.
Warwickshire Pension Fund Employer Training
It may also be possible to arrange a site visit from a member of our staff. If you feel you would benefit from this either to help the members of your staff who send information to us or to speak to your employees about their pensions then please email Dawn Clutton - email@example.com for more information on this.
Employer Event 2019
This years Employer Event will take place on Thursday 28th at the NAEC Stoneleigh. The event will start at 9.15am and finish at 12.30pm.
Following on from feedback last year, this year's format will be different to previous years. The Pensions Services team will be available all morning to answer any specific queries colleagues may have. There will also be a short presentation from our actuary, Hymans Robertson on the valuation process. Further details will follow.
Employer Event 2018
Last years employers event was held at Stoneleigh NAEC on 29th November. Copies of the delegate handbook and presentations are available to view below
If you have any feedback or suggestions on how we can improve the training we offer to you please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
This years AGM will take place on Thursday 21st November 2019 at Woodside, Glasshouse Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire. CV8 2AL. Further details will follow.
Presentations from last years AGM which took please on 22nd November at Stoneleigh NAEC can be found below.
External Employer Training
Employer Training which maybe of interest to Employers, will be provided here.
- Employer guides, forms and newsletters
Warwickshire Pension Fund
Warwickshire LGPS Employers Newsletter - Spring 2018
Back issues of the “Employers Newsletter” is available on request. Please email email@example.com to request a copy.
Summary of Draft Regulations by Hymans Robertson
Hymans Draft LGPS Regulation 2013
Guides for LGPS employers
Ready Reckoner (Specific for Warwickshire Pension Fund)
- Working Together - draft service statement guide between employers and the administering authority.
All the latest LGPS regulations and guidance.
Forms for LGPS employers
Employers to complete
- New Entrant form 17 (DOCX, 50.5 KB)
- Notice of Termination Example (DOC, 86 KB)
- Notice Of Termination Form Guidance Notes
- Notice of Termination form (DOCX, 68.9 KB)
- Notification Of Changes (DOCX, 59.28 KB)
- Estimate request from Employer
- Opt out form to be completed by Employer (DOCX, 51.6 KB)
- Annual Return Template 2018/2019
- Annual Return Letter 2018/2019
- Annual Return Guide Notes for Employers 2018/2019
Ill Health Medical Certificates
- 3rd Tier Ill Health Retirement Review Certificate for a Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner where the cessation of employment occurred after 31 March 2014 – England and Wales – Review taking place 3 or more years after the date of cessation of the 3rd tier pension (and before normal pension age
- 3rd Tier Ill Health Retirement Review Certificate for a Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner where the cessation of employment occurred after 31 March 2014 – Review taking place at the request of the member whilst the 3rd tier pension is in payment or within 3 years after payment of the 3rd tier pension has been discontinued (and before normal retirement age
- 3rd Tier Ill Health Retirement Review Certificate for a Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner where the cessation of employment occurred before 1 April 2014 – England and Wales – Review taking place 3 or more years after the date of cessation of the 3rd tier pension (and before normal retirement age)
- 3rd Tier Ill Health Retirement Review Certificate for a Suspended 3rd Tier Pensioner where the cessation of employment occurred before 1 April 2014 – England and Wales – Review taking place within 3 years of the date of cessation of the 3rd tier pension (and before normal retirement age).
- 3rd Tier Ill Health Retirement Review Certificate for a Current 3rd Tier Pensioner where the cessation of employment occurred after 31 March 2014 – England and Wales – Review taking place 18 months after the date of cessation of employment (and before normal pension age)
- Medical Certificate for a Deferred Beneficiary who ceased membership as an employee on or after 1 April 1998 and before 1 April 2008
- Medical Certificate for a Deferred Beneficiary who ceased membership as an employee before 1 April 1998
- Medical Certificate for a Deferred Beneficiary who ceased membership as an employee on or after 1 April 2014
- Medical Certificate for a Deferred Beneficiary who ceased membership as an employee on or after 1 April 2008 and before 1 April 2014
- Prospective Employers
If you are considering seeking admission to the Warwickshire Pension Fund in order to offer the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as their occupational pension scheme to their employees, please read the information in the following employer packs.
For all enquiries, please contact Dawn Clutton - firstname.lastname@example.org